Background

February 27, 2011

I’m so glad you came back…..

So today, I’m going to let you see all the great projects we made at CU.  We had fun classes for the better part of Friday and all day Saturday.

DSC_0445[1]

 

Things started off with a fun Card Boutique.  Kind of a make and take thing.  These amazing cards were designed for us by Donna Smith.

 

DSC_0443[1]

 

Then, we made these great gift card holders, designed by Sheila Bennett.  I had no idea there were so many cute ways to give someone the gift of money.

Thanks go to Nona Davenport for the photos from the Card Boutique!

 

IMG_3367[1]

 

Friday night, our CU Sorority, Sigma Scrappa took an amazing jewelry class from the oh so “charming” Erin Grotegut where we turned these…DSC_8765 

 

Into this.  I was lucky enough to be a teacher’s assistant in Erin’s class as well as a “Charm Fairy”, so the little fairy charm you see was a little token of appreciation from Erin.  My necklace also has a pretty pink charm courtesy of Nicole Lewno.

Thanks go to Christy Dunham for the photo of the charms “before” picture.

 

On Saturday, we got started right after breakfast and headed off to Nona Davenport’s class where we learned how to make pleated ribbon flowers to accent this lovely layout. I love the colors and how great this page looks with the pictures of my little Ava.

DSC_8767bpDSC_8772

 

DSC_8773Then after a wonderful lunch break we headed into the chapel to learn from Christy Dunham how to make yoyos and incorporate fabric and stitching into our scrapbook pages.

DSC_8774

I love how mine turned out!

DSC_8783Then, it was back downstairs to make these super cute bookmark cards courtesy of Jenn Royal.  These will make great birthday cards or thank you cards.  I think my kid’s teacher’s will each be getting one of these at the end of the year.  And…I learned how to “rock and roll.”  Who knew stamping could be so much fun!

DSC_8808

 

Our last class was this gorgeous clipboard taught by the talented Denise Anderson-Turley.  Denise’s version had an abundance of these sweet little flowers.  Mine, not so much. But then, this gal has a gift for paper flowers.  My gift is a little lacking in this category, but I think it turned out beautiful just the same. 

DSC_8810

 

I absolutely loved ALL the projects this year and I’m really glad no one is asking me to pick a favorite!

 

DSC_8811

 

I can’t wait till next year’s retreat and the chance to learn more new things.

Come back tomorrow and I’ll tell you all about the charm swaps!

 

 

button divider

No comments:

Post a Comment